We will be meeting at Sal's Pizza and Cafe
starting at 6:15p
WE WALK n ROLL at promptly at 7:00p
In past years, we've met at a different park each week. This year, we will not only meet at some of the more obscure parks in the city, but also at some of our favorite small businesses throughout the city.
2018 is going to be a fun year as we explore the city and the small businesses that it has to offer. We're still open to suggestions and have dates available to fill in with YOUR favorite family friendly Dearborn business!
— Join our weekly group rides/walks in and around Dearborn. We meet every Wednesday May through October.
Departure Times (please arrive 15-30 min early to be ready to go):
For a current list of our weekly locations, visit bikedearborn.com
Locations to be determined every week so keep an eye on our group page for details.
*Rollers: Be sure to do regular maintenance and safety checks on your bikes, pump your tires, bring along an extra tube, lights, and water. Helmets are strongly recommended. Routes will be approximately 6 miles long.
*Walkers: Bring your best walking shoes and water. Routes will be approx 2-2.5 miles long.
**All kids must be accompanied by an adult.
No walker or roller left behind! We are a no drop group that will ride/walk at a pace comfortable for all in attendance. We encourage all ages and skill levels to join us!
Be sure to join our Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll group to ask questions and post pictures from the Walk n Rolls that you attend!
Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll is a collaboration between the Healthy Dearborn Coalition (Beaumont Health, City of Dearborn Government, and Dearborn Public Schools) and Bike Dearborn While City of Dearborn supports our efforts, the Healthy Dearborn Walk n Roll runs independent of the City of Dearborn and its services.
**You are responsible for your own well-being while participating in a roll or walk.
More info about Healthy Dearborn can be found at cityofdearborn.org/community/healthydearborn
More info about Bike Dearborn can be found at bikedearborn.com
#healthydearborn #walkdearborn #bikedearborn
— Bike Dearborn Safety Rules:
1. Check your bike before every ride! ABC (Air, Brakes, Chain). It’s recommended to have a headlight and taillight on your bike at all times. It’s State Law to have them on at dusk.
2. Always carry a spare inner tube! If you have a malfunction, let the support crew know. We will get you rolling the best we can. We stop as a group to take care of anything that may arise.
3. Please follow instructions of the Support Crew. They are here for our safety! Do not ride in front of the leader or behind the sweepers.
4. Ride no more than 2 abreast. Stay to the right. We are sharing the road, and need to respect the motor vehicles as much as we want them to respect us!
5. We operate as one vehicle. No huge gaps should be left between bikes to confuse motorists when we all go through a stop sign together.
6. Traffic lights are dependent on volume of traffic and speed. Our support crew will cork most lights and try to get us all safely as one unit. We may have to break up the group during light changes. The front of the group will wait for the back to catch up.
7. Call out hazards and turns! Left/Right Turns. Especially Stopping! We don’t want a bike pileup!!! Look at each intersection and either call Car Left/Right or Clear…as each bicycle goes through, that call could change! Call out potholes, glass, or other debris. Calls should telephone all the way back or up the group.
8. Ride in a straight line. Don’t swerve in and out of the group. This will cause accidents. Stay off the sidewalks. We are not pedestrians. Keep gaps to a minimum, but be mindful not to get too close to other bikes’ wheels. Riding predictably keeps everyone safe!
9. Have fun and listen to music! Keep it at a respectful level. Everyone needs to be able ot hear hazard calls. Do not use earbuds!
10. Take photos! Lots of them and post them in the group and all over social media. Hashtag them…#bikedearborn! But please limit photo taking to stops. Riding and taking photos is another form of texting and driving.
11. Please no drinking or smoking!
12. We do not require, but STRONGLY recommend wearing a helmet.
13. We are a casual group. You ride at your own risk. The City of Dearborn supports what we do. However, our rides run independent of the City. Bike Dearborn, The Healthy Dearborn Coalition, and the City of Dearborn and their representatives are not responsible for anything that may happen to you on this ride. If you attend our rides, you agree to this statement.
14. Lastly, have fun and invite a friend for next week!